Search - User list
Full Version: Assign scripts in Houdini that are not root level
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Assign scripts in Houdini that are not root level
aig_vr
Currently we can assign scripts in Houdini using an attribute to the root level of the hda in Unity. I created a test scene with two objects. One is a sphere and the other is a box.

I then attach a script inside the sphere geometry with these settings.

The script is being assigned to the root level in Unity and not on the object itself.

What we are trying to do, is get the script on the object itself. How can we assign scripts to the object itself and not the root level? Similar to the image below.

Thanks,
Glen
seelan
The scripts should have been on the output gameobject for each part, but the current implementation attaches them to the root. I made the change to attach to the output gameobjects instead, and this should be available in tomorrow's daily build so it will just work for you. I also fixed the issue such that you don't need to add the “:MonoBehaviour” part; that was a bug.
aig_vr
Nice! Thanks, look forward to the next build.
Glen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.