Reference Attribute in Channel

2731   4   0
90 posts
How do you reference attribute values in a channel? Kind of like copy and paste relative reference but referencing attribute values instead. Thanks so much in advance.
2036 posts
Do you have a hip to post showing where your attribute is coming from and where the channel is?
90 posts
Hey thanks so much for the response. I have a rather large scene that I need this in…So I tried to create a simple example file. I created a copies attribute to equal the numprim. Maybe a little redundancy here but its nice to see it in the geo spreadsheet. Anyway, It would be awesome to have this copies attribute drive the Total Number channel in the copy transform node. So as the sphere's resolution increases so does the number of copies. Anyway, I hope that makes sense and keep me posted if you know how something like this might be achieved.
Edited by tadian - June 2, 2018 01:56:35

Attachments:
example.hiplc (70.8 KB)

2036 posts
Here you go.

Changed your wrangle to detail mode to make the attribute ( no need to have memory taken up - unless of course you want to reference the amount on a per point basis later in some operation? - then I will have to change the python in your copy node)

The copy node is swtiched to using python - pretty sure there is an hscript equivalent that is less verbose than the expression I have but, I've just never dug into hscript much.

Attachments:
Reference Attribute Value for Number of Copies.hiplc (71.3 KB)

90 posts
Thanks so much for taking a look. This is exactly what I had been looking for.
  • Quick Links