Search - User list
Full Version: RBD constrains
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » RBD constrains
hantritor
Hello everyone!
Can you please help me with RBD constrains (i think that this is the way)? In this scene what i need to do, is make a glass window which sides of have constrains that hold the whole piece form falling on the sides (by the script this is the window that will by shooted from gun and after particular shoot braking a part completely).
So after a lot of hours spend in research i have no idea how can i hold the window to stand at the place while it shooted by other rigids and get fractured
jonahtobias
To fix certain parts in place but keep them in the simulation I first create a group that includes the points that represent each shard of glass that can be impacted.
Then I make a point integer attribute on that group called “active” set it so that all members of the group have the value active==1, all others active==0
The riged body solver will recognize the active attribute. Points where active==0 will be colliders, but not simulated.
Im also using the glue constraint network off the shelf to hold all the shard in-place until they're struck by the bullet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.