Sudden speed dropdown over the day

1194   2   1
141 posts
Hi

I have a critical problem, and I need to figure it out ASAP.

I have a scene. The scene was about a city and some cars. When it was just a basic material it was fine (about 3 minutes to render in full HD), now I added more materials (5 to be specific) and drive the colors via per object overdrive the render of a single frame went up to an hour. I couldn't get it faster even if I turned off all reflectivity, limits, etc.

What I experienced so far, that over the day render speed gradually gets slower. For example after reboot, a simply torus renders within seconds. After a couple of hours, that torus won't render within 30 minutes. The first pass (or iteration) of the progressive render would take more than 2 minutes!

And this image was shot after the reboot render:

Guys, I'd appreciate any help.
Edited by szmatefy - June 19, 2018 23:45:19

Attachments:
2018-06-18 08_23_15-Window.png (115.9 KB)
2018-06-18 08_06_33-untitled.hip - Houdini Indie Limited-Commercial 16.5.496.png (34.4 KB)

141 posts
This is the current situation. When I woke up I wanted to check if any frame was rendered from the scene I have to render, and although it was rendering over 8 hours, it didn't finish, and ETA was about 14 hours. So I restarted houdini and dropped the torus, and a Mantra PBR node and hit render. See the result and the elapsed time…5 minutes for this…

Originally my computer viewport performance dropped also, but I realized, that sleep mode killed it. When my PC entered sleep mode, after that opengl viewport became unusable. Now I disable sleep mode, and openGL is super, but render is still an issue.

Specs>

Houdini INdie 16.5.496
Intel i7-2700K (OK oldie, but it's fine with other apps)
16GB RAM
Geforce 1070Ti

Attachments:
2018-06-20 05_49_19-Window.png (37.8 KB)

141 posts
Further findings…If I render using the ROP node render buttons (not the Render View) it seems to be rendering just fine…
  • Quick Links