Search - User list
Full Version: Mocap Acclaim object node
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » Mocap Acclaim object node
ana_rubio
Hi all,

This is my first time posting after many years as lurker I Finally found a question never been posted before (or I reckon it never been).

Playing around with the mocap biped I found the Mocap Acclaim object node inside the character self (http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/obj/mcacclaim.html), so I thought here it is an easy way to import asf files from “CMU Graphics Lab Motion Capture Database”… the problem, I canĀ“t find a way to work with it.

Anyone could help me grabbing my hand into this?

Thanks

Fernando
ninhenzo646
Check out the help - if you've downloaded the CMU mocap library then you should have a big directory structure with a bunch of numbered directories. Each dir should contains a number of amc (animation) files and a single asf (skeleton) file. Once you paste the path to an asf file in the Mocap Acclaim node, it will read all of the amc files in the dir - the mocap clip parameter will allow you to select which amc file you want to use. You should see an animated skeleton in your scene.

I'm still trying to figure out how to apply that mocap data to a rigging skeleton…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.