Search - User list
Full Version: Possible bug involving PolyDoctor SOP — asking for reproduction
Root » Technical Discussion » Possible bug involving PolyDoctor SOP — asking for reproduction
pabcou
I'm experiencing a freeze when trying to add a PolyDoctor node, and I would like to have a reproduction before submitting a bug report. Can somebody please give it a look?

The problem occurs when a PolyDoctor is added below “/obj/Four_Scripts/CleanGeo/unpack1”. Houdini's UI freezes, while the process shows seemingly steady, small CPU usage, without changes in memory usage. Initially, I encountered this with Houdini 16.5.532, but I could reproduce it on 15.5.496 with factory settings. The OS is Windows 10.
robsdesign
Hi, I've had a quick look at your file and got the same results. I narrowed it down to PolyDoctor > Primitive > 5+ Edges Repair. It might work eventually as I can see a single thread working on it but it'd be quicker to just fix it manually. I've attached a fix where I deleted the broken primitive and used PolyBridge.
pabcou
Thank you. I'll submit a report, then.
phoehsl
It freezes with me too on a dxf that I loaded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.