Search - User list
Full Version: Procedural UV mapping problem.
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Procedural UV mapping problem.
Wboris
Hi.
I’ve just started learning Houdini and my goal is procedural game assets (Unity, mobile). I’ve learned some tutorials and set myself a task to create a procedural industrial platform. Mesh creation doesn’t cause a problem, but UV mapping is a pain.
I need to place platform border UV strip to a particular texture area and scale it in U direction depending on platform perimeter.

[postimages.org]

Now my problem is in Unflatten node. I created vertex constrain group and used it for constraining border in U direction. But Unflatten occasionally rotates UV island up and down randomly when I move contour points and slightly resize it in V direction. I have no idea how to fix it.

I’ve seen plenty tutorials about procedural asset creation, but all of them avoid UV mapping. Just some simple examples with curve-skin approach or autounwrap. In mobile assets creation I have to unwrap mesh parts on created texture atlas rather than create UV layout for texturing. Are there any tutorials about this?
NikitaB
Hi. I am facing a similar challenge, and I think the main question here is how to properly find the seams. Have you figured this out?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.