Search - User list
Full Version: Stuttery Render?
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Stuttery Render?
reelinspirations
Hi,

I've created this render for a client and they are complaining of stuttery video.

https://youtu.be/mgb07kM4Q0Q [youtu.be]

Not sure what to do about it. I tried using RSMB (Reelsmart Motion Blur) in AE and am now rendering out motion vectors to see if that method will help and give it some motion blur.

Not sure where to go from here, any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim
Midphase
Are you sure it's not a frame rate mismatch? Can you describe your workflow from Houdini to YouTube? Are you rendering at 24fps or other frame rate? Are you rendering with Mantra?
reelinspirations
I'm rendering out of Houdini at 30fps using Redshift.
I'm bringing the rendered frames into AE at 30fps and rendering out at 30fps in AE.

Not sure what else is going on other than missing motion blur?

Jim
madrenderman
Can you send the scene file (only camera and render settings, exclude any geo) ?
Midphase
How is your Aftereffects Interpret Footage setting?
reelinspirations
I just got back to my laptop and figured out the issue. I'm using a CHOP to constrain a null to a circle that goes around the statue. A camera is the ‘child’ of the null. When the project started in Houdini, it was 24fps, but I changed it to 30fps per the client's request. However, the CHOP's Follow Path node's channel was set to 24fps so it was making up a frame and it was static and not moving, and therefore choppy. An easy fix, but an entire re-render.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.