Search - User list
Full Version: SideFX Website errors with search results
Root » Houdini Lounge » SideFX Website errors with search results
Paul Griswold
I wanted to read up on cloud rendering on the SideFX site. The first thing I tried was hitting “Help” in the Cloud Properties panel in Houdini. That took me to a 404 page on the website.

I then tried to search for “Cloud computing” and that also took me to a 404 page.

I then went to SideFX.com and searched for “Cloud computing”. All of the results I got back started with the word OLD in all caps. Clicking on any of the results took me to a 404 page.

I wanted to research this Python error when setting up Cloud Properties:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.536/houdini/python2.7libs\cloud.py”, line 695, in <lambda>
lambda:_onCloseSetUpCloudDialog(dialogs))
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.536/houdini/python2.7libs\cloud.py”, line 734, in _onCloseSetUpCloudDialog
_passphraseEncryptKey(secret_access_key, passphrase))
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.536/houdini/python2.7libs\cloud.py”, line 460, in _passphraseEncryptKey
Crypto.Hash.SHA, salt, passphrase, len(data_to_encrypt))
File “C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.536\python27\lib\site-packages\paramiko\util.py”, line 157, in generate_key_bytes
hash_obj = hash_alg()
TypeError: ‘module’ object is not callable

Thanks,

Paul
rmagee
We don't have any information about cloud computing on our website at the moment. There is some out of date notes in the docs about working with Amazon Cloud (which we don't at the moment).

Do you want to put your licenses on the cloud or work with a cloud service such as Google Zync or Gridmarkets?
Paul Griswold
There seems to be an entire property panel in Houdini for setting up AWS. I wanted to read more about it to learn what it could and could not do. It's just weird that the help page from inside Houdini gives a 404 and searching gives results like this:
rmagee
At the moment, our support for the Amazon cloud has been suspended. You can find details here:
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/render/cloudfarm [www.sidefx.com]

The page being found by the search is an old FAQ that was put into draft mode when the information was incorporated into the docs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.