Display mode affected by display type of connectadjacentpieces node

5346   2   1
12 posts
I'm getting a peculiar display issue when building a constraint network. In the SOP network is a connectadjacentpieces node that (with the display type of "adjacent pieces from points“) will only display the wire connections. The flat shaded mode, among all the others, will not work.

However, if the display type is changed to ”adjacent pieces", the flat shaded mode will display.

I wouldn't be concerned with this, but there is a warning message on the node, Invalid attribute specification: “attribute name either not used or unrecognized”, so I'd like to fix it.

Knowing just enough, my best guess is that pieces (that have been renamed further upstream) is somehow borking this node. But I'm just new enough to Houdini to not know how to fix it. Would it have something to do with the VEX in Attribute Wrangle?
  • s@name_orig = s@name;
  • s@name = sprintf(“inst%d”, @ptnum);

I didn't want to inundate this initial topic with unnecessary info, so just tell me what's needed and I'll be happy to supply any other info about the file.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
connectAdjacentPieces_001.jpg (38.3 KB)

12 posts
I don't know if the two are related, but another issue reared its ugly head, so I'm linking it here in case the two are somehow connected: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/57056/?page=1#post-255542 [www.sidefx.com]

I'm also including the file so if you're inclined to open it up, I"d be greatly obliged. ~Cheers

Attachments:
Rigids_IIa.hipnc (410.8 KB)

8 posts
I'm doing the same tutorial right now and the way I fixed it, was to use an Attribute Promote right before the Connect Adjacent Pieces node, to move the attribute `name` from points to primitives. Reading the documentation on Connect Adjacent Pieces, it seems it's expecting `name` on primitives. After the node, the name attribute will automatically end up on points again. This is, apparently, what Connect Adjacent Pieces does.
  • Quick Links