Search - User list
Full Version: Redshift and HQueue
Root » Houdini Lounge » Redshift and HQueue
Qozia3
hi there.
i was wondering if redshift supports hqueue?
or any other altranative.
im trying to set a home farm.

i get this error when i try to run it through hqueue.

Skipping unrecognized parameter "ogl_alpha".
             Skipping unrecognized parameter "ogl_light".
 [/shop/RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1]

Error:       Bad node type found: redshift_material in /shop/RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1.
Warning:     Ignoring data for locked node: RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1/redshift_material1
             Ignoring data for locked node: RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1/redshift_material1
             Ignoring data for locked node: RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1/redshift_material1
Error:       Bad node type found: redshift::Material in /shop/RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1.
Warning:     Ignoring data for locked node: RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1/Material1
             Ignoring data for locked node: RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1/Material1

Thank you
Nicolas Heluani
Are you trying to render on multiple machines or just batch render projects?
If the later. you could create a cmd file on your user folder (if you are working on windows)
with the following lines:

mread Ihoudini/Jobname/hipfile1.hip
render -f 1 100 -V /out/beauty

mread Ihoudini/jobname2/anotherhipfile.hip
render -f 1 200 -V /out/beauty

-f is for frame range
-V is for verbose

And then just execute the cmd file with Houdini Command Line:
hbatch NewBatchFile.cmd

I basically do that all the time at work to leave my machine rendering without having to set up a render farm, once you get used to it is super convenient. You don't even have to open Houdini to re-render stuff.

Hope it helps,
nico.

EDIT: “:”and backslash“/” are appearing as emoji in here, hehehe… be notice.
mackerBaehr
Would there be also a flag available for skipping to the next scene when the current errors? Or even better, restarting from last rendered frame?

Cheers
Michiel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.