Search - User list
Full Version: Problem in following Jeff Wagner's Tutorial Learning Houdini
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » Problem in following Jeff Wagner's Tutorial Learning Houdini
ciaoZ
Hi there,

I am a total beginner of Houdini. I am currently following Jeff Wagner|Illume Webinar Tutorial Learning Houdini. The tutorial is fun and I followed step by step till around 45:00. After the rendering setting, my result looked totally strange. I thought it might be a normal reverse case, so I checked the normal and reversed it by using Reverse SOP but nothing changed. My rendering still look like a ball cluster. Please see the attached image. Did anybody experience the similar problem? Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you!

Ciao
Chao
illusionistics
Hey cszhuchao, I´m not 100% sure but it looks to me like you´ve accidently set the purple render flag (see attachment) on the wrong node somehow.
Try Control-key(on Windows, Command key on MAC) + Left Mouse Button on the last node in your node chain …
Good Luck
ciaoZ
Hi illusionistics, thank you very very much. You are a saver! I went through my network graph and fund a purple tag on an inbetween node. I did not notice at all that I have ever turned it on. Once it was off, the rendering looked normal again. Such a small mistake yet I have no clue about it. There is a still long way to go. Thanks a lot!
illusionistics
Yeeh! Looking good - Happy that it worked!
You see - Houdini is also a great tool for training your frustration-tolerance
Keep exploring & having fun …
Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.