Flip Fluids and Static Objects

3803   2   0
4 posts
Hi there,

I'm doing a flip fluid and I wanted it to collide with a grid and a few other solid objects. The collision only worked when I brought in my sop objects as a rbd packed object rather than a static object. I would assume that the solid object is what I should be using. I did a simple test with a sphere and the static worked in that circumstance. Can anyone tell me why that is by chance? I'm on v15 and I've attached my script. Thanks for any insight.

T.

Attachments:
test_v008_tc.hip (1.8 MB)

2 posts
Hey,

I've taken a look and the problem you have is caused by the geometry type of the collision Sphere. The spehere you use is a primitive. Now, as far as I understand, primitives a actually points. So the only way Houdini can interpret this type of geometry is as a packed rbd object.

I've added some new geometry to your scene, and I have set the sphere and cube to Polygon as primitive type. Now it works as static objects. I have attached the scene. You will see, when you dive inside the new sphere and box node, that the primitive type is set to polygon, and that works as Static Objects.

Hope this helps!

Image Not Found

Attachments:
test_v008_tc_CORRECTED.hipnc (1.7 MB)

4 posts
Thanks a lot Michiel, I stupidly haven't checked the forum for a while so sorry for my late response but thanks a lot!

Regards

Tbird
  • Quick Links