Search - User list
Full Version: Ocean surface extension weirdness
Root » Work in Progress » Ocean surface extension weirdness
PJM33
Hey everyone.

I've been studying the Intermediate Ocean FX tutorial on pluralsight over and over. For some reason every now and then when I recreate this scene I'm always seeing my extended ocean do really weird stuff like have a huge piece hanging in the sky or below the surfase on an angle. It usually changes positions or goes away when I change the output to surface polygons or compressed fluid surface.

Can anyone help me get rid of these weird things in my scene? I'm doing eveything step by step and still getting these. Man, houdini is hard to master.

Pierre

r-cite
It would surely help if you'd supply a sample file for further scrutiny.
Andrea Sbabo
Happened to me too a couple of times. I've noticed that helps modifying in the particle fluid surface “Erosion scale” and some parameters in the flattening tab (For example “Flatten distance” and “Pad Bounds” and “Extrude distance/subdivisions”). Also disabling the deleting of primitives based on camera frustum can help.

I still have no idea what causes this problem so this “solution” may not work for your scene
Jose Zalez
Hey, it happened to me before, just decrease the “Region Voxel Scale” in the top of the particle fluid surface and it get fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.