Search - User list
Full Version: Payment Methods
Root » Houdini Lounge » Payment Methods
teak421
Hi… Any chance of getting more payment methods besides Visa / Mastercard? What about AMEX, Discover and even PayPal… Would like to purchase, but not on my personal bank account. Thanks.

mg
Andr
paypal option would be handy!
Nupsi
Hi, I just wanted to buy Houdini Indie-license for 2 years but there is still no paypal-support :-(
Credit cards are really not that common in Germany, because you pay everwhere with your banks debit card or smartphone. And I mean really everywhere, so there is no need for a credit card. And as far as I know there are no local resellers offering Houdini?!

I use 3ds max now for over 10 years with numerous plugins that I´ve paid with paypal. You guys really need to add paypal as a third payment option for people outside US!
goldfarb
it may not be quite what you're looking for but Houdini Indie can now be purchased on Steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/502570/Houdini_Indie/ [store.steampowered.com]
harryabreu
Hi Mr Goldfarb, I am on Steam right now.
I can see Houdini but I can't see the price or how to buy…
I have Houdini Indie and I live in Brazil it will help a lot of people here to buy it on Steam.
Any way it is a great news.
goldfarb
It may only be available in a few regions right now…but I'm sure that will change soon.
Nupsi
Hi Michael and thanks for your fast reply! That´s indeed good news, but right now there is only the one year-sub on steam. Yesterday I ordered a credit card just to be able to buy houdini, so I´ll go for the 2 year-sub in a few days. But for future payments paypal-support would still be really appreciated :-)
amm
There *should* be PayPal option as well. Three times, when I bought H Indie license using credit card, people from local bank called me next day to confirm payment to ‘certain’ SideFX, where that name was somehow especially accentuated.
Perhaps this told me that I'm only one their client who's dealing with ‘SideFX’ thing, while local bank is a part of one huge European bank. When you're using unusual methods, unusual things are going to happen on the road…
BabaJ
What's unusual about using a credit card to buy software?
amm
BabaJ
What's unusual about using a credit card to buy software?
It seems you didn't read previous posts.
By the way, as far as I know there are only two 3d related apps, not possible to buy through PayPal: 3d Coat and Houdini.
BabaJ
It seems you didn't read previous posts.
By the way, as far as I know there are only two 3d related apps, not possible to buy through PayPal: 3d Coat and Houdini.

I did actually read the previous posts but what I didn't do was make assumptions about you.

The question is one of curiosity, because the previous poster mentions they are from Germany…and that may be so there…but it isn't that way where I live.

So am I to assume you are from Germany too?

Again, just asking out of curiousity why someone would say what you said. That's all.

Also, the previous poster said:

“Credit cards are really not that common in Germany, because you pay everwhere with your banks debit card or smartphone.”

But the topic is about purchasing software online. So is he saying people make online purschases with bank debit cards and smartphones?

Not only that, credit cards are common where I live and people use them often even for day to day purchases like groceries.

And the reason isn't that they don't have cash, it's because most credit cards offer points/cash rewards for using them. So people use them often to rack up those rewards and pay the balances quickly.

So I find it hard that somehow things are really that much different in Germany…or from what your saying…even Europe.

I mean lots of people have their debit cards and smartphones here too, but they are not without credit cards either.

And with tap payment options on both debit or credit cards, their use(credit cards), at least here - is not unusual; from paying for parking or even a cup of coffee.
amm
If company is not offering the all paying options like other companies in same field, then yes, that's unusual and not good for that company. It's looking like one man band trying to sell something.
BabaJ
Just asking about why you consider using a credit card unusual, not what is unusual as to what a company offers as a form of payment.

But even so, …most companies when they initially set up their online sales is to start with a credit card payment system, ONLY.

And then after some time start to add other options like paypal as they get to know their typical customer and adjust accordingly.

Some never do offer other alternatives because their typical customer uses credit cards primary and their business doesn't suffer the least. (And I'm not suggesting they wouldn't benefit).

I know because I've been purchasing products and services for a long time from some of those same companies, and to this day still only take credit cards for payment; And their businesses are doing well.

That being the case, using credit cards for online services/products is the primary means that people use for purchases;

But hey, I could be wrong as I am only going by what I've seen from personal experience/observations; and I don't live in Germany/Europe.
mandrake0
Please make a RFE for paypal when it's required.

When you are in germany there is N26 where you get a free online mastercard.
rmagee
You can now buy Houdini Indie using PayPal!
mikolaj
Why only Indie?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.