Search - User list
Full Version: Is it possible to use nested prefabs as inputs?
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Is it possible to use nested prefabs as inputs?
Billd
I'm trying to utilize Unity's new nested prefab workflow with the Houdini engine and was wondering if it is currently possible to use prefabs that consist of multiple prefabs as inputs. So far I am not having much luck. It seems to only be using the mesh filter from the parent object, but not the children.

thanks!
seelan
Sorry, but nested prefabs are not yet supported. This was introduced fairly recently by Unity, and supported for them will be added sometime in the near future in our plug-in.
ThomasSpaceflower
Hey there,

as unity 2019 is out now, I would really need this feature for future projects.
Are there any news about Nested Prefabs as inputs able to read all child geometry?
seelan
No plans yet. Could you please submit an RFE for this? Thanks.
ThomasSpaceflower
Hey seelan,

thank you for the reply. We got a little workaround, we combine all meshes from a certain prefab and save all mesh data as obj in a separate folder where we read the geometry for Houdini. And yeh… I didn't mention that we're using the PDG workflow. Maybe we just couldn't figure out how to handle prefabs there. Anyways the workaround works fine for us now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.