Pyro Basis and behind the scene stuff

523   1   0
2 posts
Dear All

Where can I find information about the inner workings of Pyro? what is it made of and what is it made of?

I tried getting into the solver node but understood nothing. Is there any explanation somewhere ?

I am curious. I come from 3ds max background and used to struggle with such effects ( without fumefx ) which usual was made of polygons with opacity shader or even particles…
833 posts
Welcome to often frustrating world of Houdini, where reverse-engineering is the name of the game.

Your best bet is to create a sphere, then select it, and hit the Explosion in the Pyro section of the Shelf Tools, then dive into the various nodes and click around, change values, connect/disconnect stuff, rinse and repeat!

This is the way many of us learn how stuff works in Houdini, definitely takes quite a bit of deduction and detective work. Don't expect the online documentation to be particularly helpful.

Also, go to the tutorials section of this web site and select VFX as the tutorials category which should narrow things down a bit.

Best of luck!
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links