Search - User list
Full Version: Object Wrangle preview
Root » Work in Progress » Object Wrangle preview
friedasparagus
Hello out there,

Here's a little look at a little ongoing project. Stay tuned for updates

Cheers!
Drakon
Looks really interesting! Looking forward to some more examples in the future. Quick question from a relative noob to coding: what can this Not do? How is ObjVex different from normal Vex? Can I be used to recreate some sculpting tools like Sculptris for example, with adaptive mesh generation? Or Sop level Curvature detection?

If you need testers, let me know.

Thank you and great work!
anon_user_89151269
I can already glimpse a few applications for ctrl rigs. Keep it up, I'm very interested to see where you take it.
HongMao
Hi Mr “friedasparagus,”
…Thanks for beating me to it in making an “object wrangle” node. Now all that needs to be made is a “network wrangle” node . …Will the node itself be compatible with the “handles tool” in that the tool brings up the normal transform handles that other objects have (such as the null and geometry nodes)?
friedasparagus
Hi,

Sorry for the radio silence here, been buried away working at the project which I think has reached a decent point to share another update. So here it is

The roundup of the features finishes around the 8:30 mark, and after that there's a run through of setting up a ‘cone’ constraint to an object using vops, just as a demo of the potential process in case that's of interest.

Cheers!

mestela
Woah. This is incredible Henry.
malbrecht
Master Henry,

this is *so* promising. Anyone vaguely familiar with the pains of rigging (even if what you do is only remotely resembling the term) will *immediately* grasp that this (if performance holds up, which it seems to do) “changes the game”. Not by a few nodges only.

I am very much looking forward to the “full package, sold at considerable rebates through a trustworthy site” ;-)

Marc
howiem
Goodness me. This looks ever so useful. Well done.

(but also your username is making me hungry)
timbolland
Really cool!
Stalkerx777
Looks cool!
cval
This is very very interesting for rigging at the obj level! Awesome! Did you do speed comparison tests with the CHOP Constrain system? Is it faster?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.