Bullet solver not colliding with imported geometry

2480   2   1
2 posts
Dear all,

I've been playing around with Houdini to shatter a very simple torus against a mesh i've created in Maya. The torus is breaking as expected, however its doing so as if it were hitting a plane instead of my imported geometry. If i change the solver from Bullet to RBD the object collides correctly (i previously set my geometry as static object). Even tough it does collide following my mesh topology the torus won't shatter using RBD solver. I've changed many settings and i am afraid im a bit empty of ideas.

Thank you,
Manuel.

Image Not Found
80 posts
A good place to start debugging this would be to see what the collision geometry in the dop network looks like by toggling Show Guide Geometry under the Bullet Data tab on the RBD object that feeds in the imported geo to the network and then try different Geometry Representations to find one that may work better.
2 posts
Thank you Rebus,

I can see that the shape described by the ‘show guide geometry’ using convex hull doesn't follow strictly the shape of my geometry. Actually its not even close. I tried changing to ‘concave’, but now the colliding object wont shatter, although it seems to be wrapping better to the volume of my static mesh.
Edited by ManuelFranqueloGiner - Sept. 6, 2018 05:19:08

Attachments:
1.jpg (250.2 KB)
2.jpg (230.7 KB)
3.jpg (165.8 KB)

• Quick Links