Greetings from a Maya user

4579   6   1
1 posts
Hey everyone… Im new to here and very new to houdini. Im a Maya user, but see that many of the post houses in London are asking for Houdini users, so I thought it was best to get stuck in. I just wanted to see if any otherMaya users were in here, and how they found the transistion.

Hoping to get things rolling and today im going to try and make some sense of the interface (which at the moment has me a little stumped). Cant wait for 3DBuzz to get their Houdini stuff out.

Craig
107 posts
Hi CraigC,
I am also a Maya user (more “Simple Maya 3D / FX” + “AE 2.5D”)
Not yet in transition… but will be soon when I move to Bournemouth…
I hope I will be able to adapt. I do not plan to work in the CGI/FX.

I hope Houdini will be good for animating multiple elements as motion design components. Also particles and dynamics.
Live life in chunks.
107 posts
…also I am on OSX. So have to wait for a Linux system…

But I try to keep in tuch with the Houdini community till then.
Live life in chunks.
166 posts
As long as you dont try to do things as you would do in Maya, the transition will be fine.
The transition is painfull when you are obliged to go back to Maya :cry:
Time to get out of this messy world.
15 posts
You used to be able to count the facilities in London wanting Houdini artists on the fingers of one hand. Who is looking for Houdini artists in London besides FramestoreCFC?
15 posts
You used to be able to count the facilities in London wanting Houdini artists on the fingers of one hand. Who is looking for Houdini artists in London besides FramestoreCFC?
74 posts
I guess the transition is quite paintfull, but it's worth trying it and integrating Houdini into workflow.
At my work we use Maya and Houdini both, Houdini has gave us the ability to accomplish many difficult shots, plus renderman is available too, which makes great program to work with!

Cheers!
  • Quick Links