Search - User list
Full Version: Terrain turns transparent problem.
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Terrain turns transparent problem.
apaza610
I created a terrain with a editable road and tested both in UE4,Unity. But the UE4 version turns transparent, even if I bake the terrain, can someone please help me…. thanks in advance.
dpernuit
Hi,

This is a bug caused by mixing editable nodes + landscapes.
I'll update you here when it's fixed, but in the mean time, you can turn your editable curve node into a curve input as a temporary workaround…
apaza610
Thanks for answering dpernuit, did you mean I could use the “objectMerge” node to turn the curve into an INPUT? cause I did that and the terrain is still Transparent, (new HDA attached). Or is there a file I could study with an editable road for UE4, thanks again and sorry for bothering…..
dpernuit
Hi,

Yes, what I meant was removing the editable curve node, and replace it by an input (so an object merge, with the objpath param exposed on the HDA).

The way you set it up was not working because the object merge was not replacing curve1 (so, connected to transform1).
Here's an updated version of your hda with the editable curve node replaced by an object merge input.

The only issue with setting the asset this way, is that you can set a default “state” for the curve.
apaza610
I see thanks again dpernuit, but I loaded your HDA in UE4, and the rendering problem in LIT mode turned now into SemiTransparent (UNLIT and wireframe mode are OK though), maybe there's a problem with my UE4 ???
apaza610
It was solved in Houdini 17, yes !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.