Search - User list
Full Version: Unable to Release : System.NullReferenceException (Unreal Engine 4.20.2 and HoudiniEngine 16.5.571)
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Unable to Release : System.NullReferenceException (Unreal Engine 4.20.2 and HoudiniEngine 16.5.571)
CEO_SPARTE
Hello everyone,

I'm having a huge issue related to HoudiniEngine, I can't release since I installed it.

I posted everything on Unreal Answerhub [answers.unrealengine.com] before I knew it was houdini, but I thought maybe someone here had the same issue and fixed it.

I know it's the plugin since I'm able to release fine when I disable it in UE4, but then I can't see some of my levels…

I'm on UE 4.20.2, I just installed Houdini since it's used by my coworker to build stuff, but now I can't release.

Is there a workaround or a fix ?

If you need more info, I'll be glad to give it to you !

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read me.
dpernuit
Hi,

Unfortunately, Epic did some pretty major changes in 4.20 on UBT, especially regarding plugin builds..
We do build the “shipping” plugin for our daily build, so you should be able to make it through with the HE plugin enabled.

A possible workaround would be to bake all HDAs, then disable the plugin, but I'd rather avoid that and fix that issue properly.

Could you give us more details on your project and how you're packaging it?
Are you using a built in unreal, or a source one ? (same for the HE plugin)

Edit: Just realized in your logs that you're using 16.5.571 + 4.20.2
4.20.2 support was added in 16.5.585, could you try building with one of the latest daily builds of Houdini/the UE4 plugin?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.