Search - User list
Full Version: UE4 plugin doesn't work for 17.0 on OSX
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » UE4 plugin doesn't work for 17.0 on OSX
andcesaro
Hi,

I noticed that the UE4 plugin failed to find the correct dylib when starting up on macOS, it's expecting a folder in /Applications/Houdini/Houdini{version}/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/{version} but I only have /Applications/Houdini/Houdini{version}/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/Current when using the 17.0 installation.

Is this a known issue?
dpernuit
Hi

Yes, we're aware of that issue, as a workaround, you can set the directory manually in the project settings, under Houdini engine,
custom location.
dpernuit
Hi,

This issue will be fixed in the next daily build of H17.0.
chrism
andcesaro
Hi,

I noticed that the UE4 plugin failed to find the correct dylib when starting up on macOS, it's expecting a folder in /Applications/Houdini/Houdini{version}/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/{version} but I only have /Applications/Houdini/Houdini{version}/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/Current when using the 17.0 installation.

Is this a known issue?

In Unreal: Edit > Project Settings > Plugins > Houdini Engine > Houdini Location - point it to the libraries directory at Applications/Houdini/Houdini17.0.352/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries
Close and then re-open project. Then everything works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.