Houdini Indie on Steam

5776   9   1
30 posts
Will this be available for Mac as well? The page only mentions Windows. If it will be, and it follows the usual Steam “install on many only run on one at a time” licensing Model this will be great news, and might compensate for them not offering the 2 year discount rate. I really want Indie - but since I travel all week I really need to be able to run it on either desktop or laptop. So far I am coping well with Apprentice - but the time to move on is getting closer.

Very impressed with SideFX and their support of the Apprentice/Indie end of the market.

[store.steampowered.com]
Edited by mmc - Oct. 11, 2018 02:17:23
833 posts
Interesting.

FYI, Indie comes with two install licenses, so if you travel you can install it on both your desktop and laptop already.
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
30 posts
Oh that I did not know. Is that ok if one install is Windows one oSX?
833 posts
I think so. Maybe someone from SESI can chime in with the official answer, but the way I understand it is that it's OS agnostic.
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
59 posts
Good questions, at this time we're only supporting Houdini Indie on Steam for Windows, but we may support Mac as well in the future. No ETA on that yet though.

Regarding the 2 copies of Houdini Indie, yes you can install on 2 different OS, Windows and Mac for example. Also note that a dual boot machine looks like 2 machines to our license system.
Ben Mears
Community Manager
SideFX
13 posts
BenM
Good questions, at this time we're only supporting Houdini Indie on Steam for Windows, but we may support Mac as well in the future. No ETA on that yet though.

Regarding the 2 copies of Houdini Indie, yes you can install on 2 different OS, Windows and Mac for example. Also note that a dual boot machine looks like 2 machines to our license system.

Is a Steam for Mac Version on your list or is it something you haven’t thought about yet?
59 posts
Christian_V
Is a Steam for Mac Version on your list or is it something you haven’t thought about yet?

A Mac version of Houdini Indie on Steam is in our current plans but we don't have an ETA yet.
Ben Mears
Community Manager
SideFX
46 posts
A lot of people reviewing it seem to have gotten free copies. Is there some way to get a free steam license if we already own the normal non-steam version of Indie?
59 posts
Grimwolf
A lot of people reviewing it seem to have gotten free copies. Is there some way to get a free steam license if we already own the normal non-steam version of Indie?

Those reviews mainly came from beta testers who received free copies of Houdini Indie to test on Steam before it was released. We're not currently offering free Steam copies to owners of non-Steam Houdini Indie.
Ben Mears
Community Manager
SideFX
4 posts
Steam Version can only be launched once. and if running ue4. I cannot launch Houdini till I close Unreal cause it's using Houdini Engine. Is there anything to tackle or it is what it is?
  • Quick Links