Search - User list
Full Version: Can't select Spline Mesh Actor as a World Outliner Input data source
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Can't select Spline Mesh Actor as a World Outliner Input data source
Seaton
Hello
I want to reuse the Spline Mesh Actor in the scene, but the Spline Mesh Actor can't be selected as a World Outliner Input data source.
MagnusL3D
In the Houdini Inputs, change the dropdown that says ‘World Outliner Input’ to ‘Curve Input’, that will use Houdini's own curve. Or you can make a editable Node inside your HDA that is a curve sop.

As far as I know that's how you are supposed to work and that the Spline Mesh Actor can't be used the way you want.
Seaton
MagnusL3D
In the Houdini Inputs, change the dropdown that says ‘World Outliner Input’ to ‘Curve Input’, that will use Houdini's own curve. Or you can make a editable Node inside your HDA that is a curve sop.

As far as I know that's how you are supposed to work and that the Spline Mesh Actor can't be used the way you want.
The Spline Mesh Actor will be referenced by other HDA Actors or Blueprints, so can't use ‘Curve Input’ directly.
And making an editable Curve Node inside HDA does not work as expected, see also https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/58507/ [www.sidefx.com]
dpernuit
The World outliner input has the ability to read curves for unreal splines, but it's expecting an Actor with a Spline Component, not a Spline Mesh Component.

If you want to share curves between HDAs and Blueprint, using a World input with an Actor that has Spline components is the best way to do so, as that Actor can be shared between multiple HDAs.
dpernuit
As I've replied on your other topic, editable curves should work, you probably just need to add “default” points to the curve.
Seaton
Both work for me, thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.