how to place object on an edge between 2 points.. please help

389   0   0
40 posts
Hiya guys,

still a newb… so after doing allot of tutorials and playing around with them i started my first own project.

so, it just took me 20 minutes to get stuck i guess the solution must be simple, but after 2 days of trying everything… nothing works like it should.

i downloaded a part openstreetmaps, ended up with 26 polygons with different shapes.

i'm looking for a way to procedurally place walls on every edge, but not using the polyextrude, because i have nothing to work on then since its 1 big wall then(i guess) and i need to procedurally place doors/windows on all houses.

is there a way to place a transformed box (a wall) for example on the edges that automaticly places itself between the 2 forming that edge points? when i polyextrude it looks just perfect, but i want to insert my own made walls.

problem that i'm finding is that this is imported and al 26 polygons are 1 object, so its a bit different then when i start from scratch and work on from that base.

if someone can give me a starting point here i would be very glad, or knows of a good tutorial please let me know! i dont mind reading/learning but atm i'm stuck.

thanks in advance for any help/repply.

if more info is needed please let me know!

Attachments:
cityblock.hip (92.4 KB)

• Quick Links