Apprentice File on Non-Apprentice Houdini

4770   6   2
229 posts
Hi,

i've created some houdini files at home with my apprentice Version, now we have some temporary licences at our institute, but when i want to open them, houdini wants to switch to non-comercial version.

Is there a way to fix that ?? or do i have to redo all the stuff i've tested ??

thx Infernalspawn
166 posts
Any Apprentice hip (*.hipnc) file produced with Apprentice, will turn your master license to an Apprentice one. There is no official way to overcome this but to redo your setup. Sorry.
Time to get out of this messy world.
509 posts
afaik you can send ‘em to SideFX and they will render them out.. or you might wanna ask to convert ’em but i dunno if they do this..

cheers.
JcN
VisualCortexLab Ltd :: www.visualcortexlab.com
2199 posts
I think they will only do this if you have done some test stuff and have then bought a full license. If you already had access to one I doubt they'll do it.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
509 posts
oh yeah .. i ment once you got your licenses.. they can care about converting your NC files to renders… but again.. i never did that.. this is what i read here and around lists
JcN
VisualCortexLab Ltd :: www.visualcortexlab.com
80 posts
Why is this, if you run a master file in apprentice it won't complain, but why (if you have a full license) would apprentice not run in master? I would have thought that the security would be in the other direction.

Anyway just go through objects, shaders, comps etc and cut and paste into a new file , it doesn't take long.
tea-time + rand(FF) = true
7714 posts
Because if that was allowed, then one can easily install tonnes of Apprentice licenses, do illegal commercial work using them, and then render using a commercial license.
  • Quick Links