Point Expression within OTL

3821   5   2
217 posts
Hi everyone,

I made a OTL with a point SOP inside and the values for the position are managed by the Type Properties something like $TX+rand($TZ)/10.
But it doesn't work. All points have 0,0,0.

If I match rurrent definition I get the red arrow and I press to read the error message but while I press the red arrow's gone away. Hmmm
The last line in the message box is “Synchronized with definition”

Any idea? Thanks for help

Detlef
7024 posts
Hi,
$TZ won't work in the parameters of an OTL since it's a local variable that only works inside the Point SOP… What you have to do is use $TZ in the point SOP itself. If you want, you can use ch() expressions to let the user control stuff from the OTL interface like

$TZ/ch(“../myparm”)

Cheers,

Peter B
217 posts
Thanks for that fast reply!
How stupid I am? Mybe too much soccer here in Germany ;o)

Is there a source to find more detais? Inside the OTL is a point SOP (point4) that deforms the incoming geometrie and I want the user to change the expression or only one variable - I don't know to give a variable into an subnetwork that is an OTL….

Please no more soccer… ;o)

Detlef
7024 posts
I think you can use “chsraw()” expressions to read in a “raw” string from the OTL parameter but I don't know for sure…

Cheers,

Peter B
217 posts
Hmm, I'm too stupid, any solutions how I can use TX/TY/TZ from an incoming geo to change them by an expression in my OTL?

A Variable would be fine that I can use inside my OTL.

Thanks

Detlef
1631 posts
Hi Detlef,

Here's what you need to put in the Point SOP or any OP that requires expressions:

eval(chsraw(“../name_of_top_level_channel1”))
eval(chsraw(“../name_of_top_level_channel2”))
eval(chsraw(“../name_of_top_level_channel3”))

Hope the above helps!

Cheers!
steven
  • Quick Links