Search - User list
Full Version: [Solved] Houdini Engine Unity not working with .NET 4.0
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » [Solved] Houdini Engine Unity not working with .NET 4.0
Valentin BESSON
Hello,

I'm using the v2 beta version of Houdini Engine 16.5.371, with Unity 2018.2.1f1

When I switch my Unity project to C# 4.0, some essential features stop working : I can't edit curves anymore (no GUI show off in the scene viewport, neither do the grey points and green lines of the curve).

Has this issue been fixed in a further release of Houdini or Unity ? Is there a workaround in this version ?
Enivob
That is funny, I was just working my way through the pipes HDA tutorial for Unreal 4.2.1 and experienced the same thing. When I drag curve1 into the Editable Node field of the type properties and save and reload the HDA inside of Unreal, I don't experience any editable curve at all, just the mesh.
seelan
Fixes have gone in since that version, and so it should be working with .Net 4.0. Please try the latest daily build.
Enivob
Thanks, H17.0.411 worked for me.
Valentin BESSON
Ok I confirm: issue fixed with the Engine packed with Houdini 16.5.663, if I switch to 4.0 before importing the hengine package.
ALSO the curve editor didn't show up until I reset Unity's layout.

Just a little warning : when importing the hengine package, a warning is thrown. Also,after importing the package, don't forget to close and restart your unity (in order to trigger a recompiling, I believe) so that hengine scripts do their job properly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.