Search - User list
Full Version: Export mesh created in unity with houdini engine
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Export mesh created in unity with houdini engine
cloem
Hello,

I am using houdini core and houdini engine for unity. I have done a procedural tool for creating building in core, and create my building in unity with engine. I wanted to know, if, when my building are created and bake in unity, can i export the mesh created in fbx ? The only thing i have is a “.asset” and i can't use it in other soft. So it is possible to use the mesh created in unity in an other soft, and how ?

Thank you.
seelan
The plugin generates meshes (and any other geometry) in Unity's native format. So you'll need to find a converter (another plugin or write your own) to export out to the format you need (e.g. Unity mesh to FBX). There should be open source code or plugins in Asset Store that might do that for you.

Another easier way is to add a ROP FBX node that can export out your final output to an fbx file from inside the HDA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.