Search - User list
Full Version: Is Vellum the most appropriate tool for creating a simulation of a few thousand mid-poly objs (1K-2K tris)?
Root » Houdini Lounge » Is Vellum the most appropriate tool for creating a simulation of a few thousand mid-poly objs (1K-2K tris)?
giorgioluciano
I've started playing with Houdini and I'm enjoying it a lot. It is really a refreshing software, a total new paradigm for modelling !
I'm trying to reproduce an old scene of red blood cells inside a vein. I've setup the camera and lights (importing an alembic files without any problem). Camera and lights seems to work. I've added also a bit of noise (and I will have to understand how to make it pulse but I was thinking about using a sin($F) applied to a scale in some way or another). Now I need to put the red cells and make it interact with the sweep. So what I was thinking that probably the best thing will be to create one red blood cell (low poly) and use it with vellum (in order to make it bounce and deform). I need to put a lot of them so I don't know if this is a good idea…
Any suggestion appreciated.
There's the file. I hope to have post in the right place.
danBode
You should be able to do a lot of them in vellum. I'm not sure how many you mean by “A lot” but as long as you don't ram out your gpu you should be good.
giorgioluciano
Update !
1) I've succeeded in creating the “heart beat”
2) Created the particle system and instanced (for now spheres) it seems I can really create a lot of them without too much problems (or at least the number that I need)
A few problem remains and actually
1) I do not understand why the balls seems to go “inside” the sweep even if they act correctly
2) I can succeed in creating a vellum for one ball but not for the instanced copies (not because of memory, just one simulation exclude the other)
3) Probably I can also use the balls as is without using vellum but then I will need to create some kind of noise to make them different and no idea how to do it
4) finally use a low cell (already created) instead of the balls.
Sorry for the easy questions, I'm just starting. Any help appreciated
dim1984kimo
Vellum crashes around 9 millions tets in H17. Do not play more than this amount.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.