Search - User list
Full Version: How to Bake Texture With gamma by Render to disk
Root » Technical Discussion » How to Bake Texture With gamma by Render to disk
akadet
Hi everyone !!
I try to bake texture by Render to disk But The texture i got it with out gamma 2.2
and when i try to render to MPlay The texture i got it come with gamma 2.2
That make me so confuse.

and if i got that texture with gamma by bake texture node. It mean the texture color is same color preview right ?

Did i miss something?

Thank you so much!!!
dlee
When you render to mplay, the actual data is linear and it's applying gamma only upon display (see “2.2” on the control bar near the bottom of mplay window). Bake texture will non-linearize when you extract as 8-bit image (tga, png, etc). You can also choose which image planes will be excluded from this process with “extracted linear planes” parameter (under Advanced->Driver tab). If you're still having problems, please post your .hip file here.
akadet
Hey sorry for my late ,
i saw this >> extracted linear planes” parameter (under Advanced->Driver tab)already , but I really don't know how to change that scrip at all , can you more explain pls. im beginner and from 3d artist part hahaha
dlee
You'll notice that, by default, it contains list of expressions and they are comma-separated. Each expression evaluates image plane name from UI (you can tell that the first expression is for ‘Nt’ plane since it mentions ‘Nt’). You can scroll through the list and remove the expression that contains the plane name that you want to non-linearize. Conversely, if you want to keep an extra plane linear, you can simply scroll to the end of the list and type comma and the plane name at the end (you don't have to use an expression).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.