Pyro Sampling question

1345   0   0
53 posts
I started off creating my effect with the dry ice shelf button. I need my dry ice to fill the ground in my scene, it does and is fine with a division size of .05, but when I change division size before I cache to .01, it just turns into a foggy mist that doesn't get far from the emitter. Looking at the documentation for Pyro look development documentation (I read what it wanted me to read before.), I am a little confused. It says you should be able to just turn it down and look generally the same, but “You will not, of course, see details such as shredding and turbulence if they are smaller than the division size.”. Does this mean my turbulence is too high now for a small resolution? It is at 0.1, I am not using shredding. It is hard to experiment because the sim takes around 400 - 500 frames to settle and cover, and with a high resolution it takes a long time to sim. I am not new to Houdini, but this is my first time using the pyro solver. Anything helps, thanks for reading.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/pyro/pyro_look.html [www.sidefx.com]
Increase the division scale for a lower resolution simulation, or decrease it for a higher resolution simulation. Houdini’s pyro solver produces smoke/flames with the same general character regardless of resolution, so you can experiment quickly with looks at lower resolutions before moving to higher resolutions. You will not, of course, see details such as shredding and turbulence if they are smaller than the division size.
  • Quick Links