Search - User list
Full Version: Grid Scale Question for Flip Fluids
Root » Houdini Lounge » Grid Scale Question for Flip Fluids
mgood
Is this the same resolution basically as having the same amount of particles roughly overall when you go flip fluid object grid scale at 1.5 and particle separation at 0.015 vs grid scale 2 and particle separation 0.01 ?
tamte
madcat117
Is this the same resolution basically as having the same amount of particles roughly overall when you go flip fluid object grid scale at 1.5 and particle separation at 0.015 vs grid scale 2 and particle separation 0.01 ?
no, not the same amount of particles overall, not the same amount per voxel, not even the same grid resolution

grid scale is just the multiplier of the particle separation to define the grid resolution in each axis
- psep .015 and gridscale 1.5 will have voxel size .0225, roughly 3.375 particles/voxel or 300000 particles/unit3
- psep .01 and gridscale 2 will have voxel size .02, roughly 8 particles/voxel or 1000000 particles/unit3

what exactly are you trying to find out? the question is not very clear
mgood
You already answered my question and I changed the particle separation to 0.01 with grid scale to 1.5 to keep my surface tension solver from crashing Eureka!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.