Search - User list
Full Version: Ambient Occlusion Maps for material exports ?
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Ambient Occlusion Maps for material exports ?
Barrett Meeker
As far as I know there doesn't seem to be any way to take a PBR asset with an ambient occlusion map and set it up with that map in Houdini in a way that creates a reference to that map with exporting the asset out of Houdini using FBX or GLTF.

This seems like something that is needed and could be useful for a lot of things, such as setting up assets for Unreal, Unity, GLTF, or the new Marmoset exporter / previewer.

If I'm missing something please let me know, thank you!
chrispriscott
I'm also interested to here if there is any update on this (in particular for GLTF export). Seems the standard is to add AO into the red channel of the metalroughness map but doesn't like there is the option to do this with the principle shader and the current GLTF exporter.
forted.exe
Y
chrispriscott
I'm also interested to here if there is any update on this (in particular for GLTF export). Seems the standard is to add AO into the red channel of the metalroughness map but doesn't like there is the option to do this with the principle shader and the current GLTF exporter.
Me too, SideFX pls update it
medieval_cortex
Me too this would allow me to skip going into Blender for exporting to gltf.
Personally I'd love to see an AO map export (with the option to pack it with roughness or keep it separate) with a way to control it's intensity similarly to Blender which does an amazing job with it's exporter.

Since I'm already asking for feature, draco mesh compression is pretty awesome to have as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.