Using wedge to export multiple results.

1702   2   0
18 posts
Hey all,

I'm fairly new to Houdini and am trying to set up a Houdini project where I can run a simulation, then process is (reduce, bake high to low etc) for game purposes and then export the resulting fbx's.

I've done a bit of research and learnt that I need to use a wedge node to vary my global seed so that it outputs something different each time (wedge).

I have set up my ropnet as pictured and steadily added more and more of the file caches throughout the simulation to my merge node. (I originally just had SurfaceCache, HighPoly, Cinematic_LP, Game_LP)

Im sure it's just a stupid misunderstanding on my part but I have been plugging and unplugging bits for a while and still not getting simmed output.

Attachments:
halp.PNG (49.9 KB)

18 posts
Also, this is the error on the Wedge node, which I am unsure what it means, plus the settings of the wedge.

Attachments:
halp2.PNG (34.3 KB)

900 posts
hi, if you double click on the wedge node you can access the content, which is that “shell node” causing the error.
You usually can read the exact problem occurred in the shell node info panel.

As far as I understand the rendering pipeline, you should connect the object you want to render to the input of the wedge.
The “output driver” field requires the ROP render node you want to use to render (example: if you want to render out a geometry, you should add a Rop Geometry node to the network and fill the output driver field with the path to the new Rop)

I don't know how to concatenate wedges, sorry. Would like to know it too.
Hope somebody more expert than me can help you out

Cheers
Edited by Andr - Feb. 7, 2019 04:17:19
  • Quick Links