Search - User list
Full Version: Randomize Parameters
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Randomize Parameters
ginwakeup
Hi!
I am quite new on Houdini, so my question could be a bit simple.
I created a geometry node, in which all my graph lives. I've added three parameters to the parameter interface: book_width/height/depth.

I've used then these parameters to define the root box node (in geometry level) scale.x,y,z.

After the book graph, I do a copyToPoints operation using a grid, and I was wondering: how can I randomize the books input parameters (book_width/height) to spawn different books on the scattered points?
I just can't find a proper way, probably I am doing this in the wrong way?

Thanks!
Aladin Sane
Check the randomize attribute node, set the attribute you want to randomize (I have used scale and orient), then set the ranges for each axis to control how much randomization you want.

ginwakeup
Aladin Sane
Check the randomize attribute node, set the attribute you want to randomize (I have used scale and orient), then set the ranges for each axis to control how much randomization you want.

Image Not Found

Thank you very much for your reply, in the end this was the solution I used.
I was more looking into a way to randomize parameters, not attributes, but I think there's no way to do it directly

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.