Search - User list
Full Version: Vellum - animated Pin to Target?
Root » Technical Discussion » Vellum - animated Pin to Target?
Ben G.
Hello,

I am struggling to find a solution using Vellum that allows me to modify which points are part of a “pin to target” constraint over time, or their overall strength. There seem to be workflows for modifying attributes for other types of constraints that work (using a sop solver in DOPs to modify stretch stiffness, etc), but those same methods do not seem to work with Pin to Target. Essentially, I want to be able to have my vellum object pinned to animation in specific locations on specific frames, then over time, change which points are being constrained (usually I would be removing a sub-set of the points, allowing more of the geometry to simulate freely).

Rohan Dalvi has a great tutorial that goes over a similar workflow using “Stitch Points or ”Weld Points“ and modifying the Breaking Threshold over time, but this method does not seem to garnish any results when you flip to the ”Pin to Target" constraint type. (Link to his video: https://vimeo.com/296601872)

Am I just doing something wrong? Does this feature not exist? Maybe there is a different constraint type that would allow me to pin to animation? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Ben
Luke Letellier
Did you find a solution to this?
papsphilip
i am looking for the same thing, changing pinpoints over time, not moving them but picking other points to pin every frame or so. i havent found anything yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.