Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini rigging and character animation Frustration
Root » Houdini Lounge » Houdini rigging and character animation Frustration
Litesound
Hello folks, quick question here.
I'm new to Houdini. I'm really excited about the software, learning things everyday and also starting the work for my personal project - VFX in the short WW2 movie.
As a beginner I basivally learn pipelines from tutorials and forums, youtube etc. I was so upset that despite this MASSIVE ability of character animation, rigging, muscles deforming and million other things that that I cant use because there are no lessons and masterclasses in internet… I don't wanna go to Maya if I can't find some tutorials for what I need, I really wanna learn the basis of charater riging and animation in Houdini as I am a fan of this software.
I started build a rig for my character using autorig feature and after few days struggling I'm finally gave up - I can't control capture, and my model looks rather crazy. I don't understand why rig deformes the spine bones when I move the pelvis up and down, I have no idea how to manage animation layers, blend then, manage them, and so on. And, as everybody says - Houdini is not very intuitive software for beginners, so it tend to be fail trying to selflearn it.

Please, tell me if there is a way to learn it. I need your help badly.
goldfarb
to get a better basic understanding of character rigging in Houdini you might be better off with this Rigging Series:
https://www.sidefx.com/learn/collections/rigging-series/ [www.sidefx.com]

and a second series on Capture/Deform is coming in the near future.
Litesound
thank you for the advice, I already started following this tutorial, but as I said there is no pipeline yet unfortunately. I'm waiting so much for deform and capture series, as well as better explainig of the new H17 features. If somebody has some suggestions other than that, please,dont hesistate
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.