Search - User list
Full Version: Mantra Error; Command Exit Code: -1073741819
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Mantra Error; Command Exit Code: -1073741819
commedieu
Command Exit Code: -1073741819 During Mantra Render.

Rendering to Disk…

Not sure how to resolve this one… Any suggestions?

W10.
1080ti
AMD 1700
32GB of ram..
commedieu
Background rendering resolved this, so far so good.

-posted for prosperity.
nicholasralabate
I am having this same problem with 17.5. I tried background rendering and it work then the problem came back. I next tried command line rendering (at least this error is causing me to learn new workflow) and that also has started to fail. I have Alfred-style progress enabled so I can see the error occurs in the middle of a frame but beyond that I have NO IDEA how to troubleshoot this:

ALF_PROGRESS 72%
ALF_PROGRESS 73%
ALF_PROGRESS 74%
ALF_PROGRESS 75%
ALF_PROGRESS 76%
ALF_PROGRESS 77%
ALF_PROGRESS 78%
ALF_PROGRESS 79%
ALF_PROGRESS 80%
Error: Command Exit Code: -1073741819

If you search around you will see that exit code is (in hex form) 0xC000005 which is an access violation:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Ask-The-Performance-Team/Access-Violation-How-dare-you/ba-p/373106?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&q=access%20violation&search_type=thread [techcommunity.microsoft.com]

So it could be anything from a bug in Mantra to bad RAM… very hard to tell on my own!

Also, if you search for that exit code as well as render in Google you will see lots of hits for Arnold, Maya, etc.

There are a few posts on odforce about this crash, for one person it came down to disabling overclocking:

https://forums.odforce.net/topic/16087-command-exit-code-1073741819/ [forums.odforce.net]
nicholasralabate
If you want more information, you can look in Event Viewer under “Applications” and you should see the exact DLL that caused the crash. For me it was the VEX DLL:
MasarraMohammed
Delete the program folder located in My Documents and end the problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.