Newbie Q - Help Needed Created a group From polys

540   2   2
12 posts
Hi

Apologies for the newbie q, but I'm trying to create a group from selected polys on an imported piece of geo.

In my group node, I can select points, or lines, but not polys (primitives?). Why is this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you
39 posts
Hi peepo, I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Are you dealing with a Group node and it doesn't allow you to set the Group Type to primitives?
12 posts
Thanks for the reply manu3d - I managed to sort it out. I learnt that there is the group node in one of the top shelves, which worked with my selection. Im not sure why my original selection - yes I was dealing with a group node, but originally I added this from the TAB menu, not from the tool shelf icon.

If I need to edit my selection, I have to click on the group node to see it, make my changes, and then click on the group icon again to create a new node, and delete the original. Seems a bit clunky, so Im sure if missed something here for easy selection editing.

I also notice that selecting polys, even with only select from facing poly's highlighted in the mouse menu, still selects polys on the reverse of the model, so I have to go into wireframe mode at the end, and clean up.

Any advice or tips appreciated!

Thank you for your help.
  • Quick Links