Displaying objects outside a Subnetwork.

2124   8   2
39 posts
Hi everybody!

If I dive in a subnetwork, the rest of the geometry disappears from the viewport. Only what's in the subnetwork remains visible. But in video tutorials about subnetworks this doesn't happen. Is there an option to toggle this behavior on/off?

Kind regards,

Manu
Staff
3455 posts
try this

Attachments:
object_view.png (27.5 KB)

Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
39 posts
Hi goldfarb, thank you for the suggestion but that didn't work. As far as I can see it only works going from the scene level to the geometry level: in that case other scene nodes remain visible when the “Show All Objects” option is chosen. It doesn't seem to work from geometry level to a deeper geometry level. In that case everything else disappears. :-?
Staff
3455 posts
not sure what you mean - can you post a little example file?
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
7737 posts
I've seen the scene viewer ‘misbehave’ and display the incorrect objects with regards to the scene display filter, as if the pane were ‘pinned.’ Closing the scene viewer and re-opening it tends to correct the issue if it doesn't crash outright.

Perhaps you are seeing a related bug.
39 posts
Hi guys, thank you for your help.

Please find attached a sample scene. When I open it I find myself directly into the subnetwork and I can only see one cube. If I go up one level (U key) I can see both.

For the setting of my viewport, if I dive into the subnetwork with a double click, I expected to see the second cube, ghosted but visible.

I did close the scene viewer completely and re-opened it, but didn't work.

Can you guys take a look if everything works ok for you? I'm wondering if I changed a setting somewhere that is giving this problem. Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting what should happen when diving into a subnetwork?

Kind regards,

Manu

Attachments:
SupraNetworkVisibility.hipnc (68.1 KB)

6 posts
I am also interested in this question. When I create a subnet and go inside this node, everything that is in the scene disappears and only what is inside the subnet remains. This is very inconvenient because being inside this node, you need to see and interact with all objects in the scene, but they are not visible. Please let me know if there is any solution for this problem.
464 posts
Inside the subnet, you can use "Object Merge SOP" to load SOPs from parent path and/or from other areas of your network and then template that node. At least that's how I deal with this problem.

It would be very convenient to be able to show all SOP operators that have display and template flags enabled and which are residing in ancestor paths, but it's currently not possible as far as I know.
Edited by ajz3d - Nov. 16, 2022 17:12:16
6 posts
ajz3d
Inside the subnet, you can use "Object Merge SOP" to load SOPs from parent path and/or from other areas of your network and then template that node. At least that's how I deal with this problem.

It would be very convenient to be able to show all SOP operators that have display and template flags enabled and which are residing in ancestor paths, but it's currently not possible as far as I know.

Got it, thanks for the reply!
  • Quick Links