FBX file save: use detail expression to add a number in file name?

1363   4   0
1007 posts
Hi!

I was trying to save FBX with the frame number that corresponds to the UDIM tile (1001, 1002, 1003). I tried using $F in the file name but that trick seems to only work on a File Sop and not a rop_fbx.

I would like to know if there's a way I could use a detail expression to add the number in the file name.

-Olivier
8544 posts
maybe try Wedge ROP with as many iterations as you have unique UDIM numbers and for each wedge blast all other udims
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
1007 posts
I was able to have an animation where frame 1001 blast all but UDIM 1001, etc. The problem I have is that the file naming doesn't use the frame number when using FBX_rop yet it works with a file cache sop.

With FBX_rop using the path $HIP/geo/woodfloor_$F I get one file:
woodfloor_1000.fbx

with a file cache sop using the path $HIP/geo/woodfloor_$F.bgeo I get 3 files:
woodfloor_1000.bgeo
woodfloor_1001.bgeo
woodfloor_1002.bgeo

-Olivier
7761 posts
olivierth
I was able to have an animation where frame 1001 blast all but UDIM 1001, etc. The problem I have is that the file naming doesn't use the frame number when using FBX_rop yet it works with a file cache sop.

With FBX_rop using the path $HIP/geo/woodfloor_$F I get one file:
woodfloor_1000.fbx

with a file cache sop using the path $HIP/geo/woodfloor_$F.bgeo I get 3 files:
woodfloor_1000.bgeo
woodfloor_1001.bgeo
woodfloor_1002.bgeo

-Olivier

So don't use $F. Like tamte said, use the wedge rop which sets a different variable for the evaluation loop. I think it's $WEDGE, but double check the documentation to be sure.
1007 posts
Ah! I thought my version of Houdini did not have that node.

I'm trying it out like I saw in a tutorial but I'm confused.

I'm using a test scene where I want the copy transform to change its copy amount at each wedge. It's not working. Can you guys tell me if my screenshot makes sens?

Thanks for the help.

-Olivier

Attachments:
Wedge_test.JPG (97.4 KB)

• Quick Links