Vellum sofbody + vellum hair

1305   3   0
3 posts
Hi everyone,

i would like to make something like that : video [vimeo.com]

Do you know why the vellum solver make this “fusion” between the ball.
i have try to generate group for each pieces, and the roots pin in a sop solver, but anyway…

you have any idea for fix that ?

Thanks lot
Edited by colektor - Feb. 18, 2019 12:25:03

Attachments:
hair_fusion.PNG (460.1 KB)
test_Hair_3.hip (1.0 MB)

310 posts
I'm pretty certain it is the way you are adding vellum objects into the scene. In the reference you gave, where the objects are being sourced is out of the shot. If they existed at the first frame and fell into the shot, that would probably fix the problem you are seeing, as the behavior seems okay until new vellum objects are introduced into the system. If you can't figure out how to get new vellum objects into your system while preserving the constraints, that's another issue.
3 posts
Hi Midasssilver,
Thanks lot for your reply!
i see if i creat directly some sphere, it's good.
But yes, the real question is : how to get new vellum objects into your system while preserving the constraints
I was thinking the sop solver resolve this probleme…

any other idea ?

Attachments:
node.jpg (103.1 KB)

310 posts
Not 100 percent certain how to get new objects dynamically added to the shot without breaking the constraints that already exist before new objects are introduced. The only quick workaround I can think of is having the objects existing out of the shot at the first frame, and have them fall into the shot. While this isn't a technical solution, it should help you create the effect in the reference without having to do too much more work. If you do want to resolve the issue, search the forum on how to introduce new DOP objects while the dop sim is running. That should point you in the right direction.
  • Quick Links