Search - User list
Full Version: What's different between Manipulate and Utility Tab manu?
Root » Houdini Lounge » What's different between Manipulate and Utility Tab manu?
jerry7
Hi,
Are there some rules about from which tab menu a sop node could be find in Manipulte or Utility ? The two tabs seem very similar.
Would it be better to merge them into one tab?
Any thinking about it?
malexander
Manipulate tends to be populated with SOPs that can be adjusted in the viewport easily, while Utility contains nodes that do control flow, complex operations (wrangles), or very “mathy” types of things.
jerry7
twod
Manipulate tends to be populated with SOPs that can be adjusted in the viewport easily, while Utility contains nodes that do control flow, complex operations (wrangles), or very “mathy” types of things.

Hi twod, thank you for reply!
The difference is too subtle to choose intuitively except control flow sop. “Complex” is not a definitely thing as Polygon,Attribute,Group….
I have to make a hard choosen which tab I should click when I want create a non-category sop every time.
I think it will be more easy if merge the two tabs without any negative effects.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.