Search - User list
Full Version: H18 in May?
Root » Houdini Lounge » H18 in May?
anon_user_37409885
In the 17.5 launch video Cristin mention that H18 will be out in ‘a couple of months’ Does that mean a May release?
jarenas
goat
In the 17.5 launch video Cristin mention that H18 will be out in ‘a couple of months’ Does that mean a May release?

At what point of the video? I don’t remember that…
anon_user_37409885
@1.21.30 'developing some features for H18, that happen to be ready now, so rather than holding them back from you, for still, a couple of months…"
jarenas
goat
@1.21.30 'developing some features for H18, that happen to be ready now, so rather than holding them back from you, for still, a couple of months…"
AWESOME.
FWIW, they told H18 will be a light and rendering based update, and it seems the new Hydra (or something similar) based viewport is already implemented (it's very obvious at @33:40 and the volumes in viewport demos if you have been following previous Pixar videos on the subject), so maybe a summer release is not that impossible.
tamte
goat
It most definitely does not, why would the releases be just 2 months apart?
A couple of months can easily be 6 or 10, but probably less than 12
I'd assume some time after siggraph, maybe October which is pretty common for Houdini
Drasko Ivezic
I also think like Tomas, it is unrealistic the release in 2 months. And why would they do that? I also think around October is the more realistic, since this was the same for the 17 release. Sidefx has a solid user base and no need to hurry.
anon_user_58123709
H17 came in Fall and 17.5 in Winter/Early Spring.
H16 came in Winter/Early Spring and 16.5 came in Fall.
Its best to just wait
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.