Search - User list
Full Version: Anyone else having trouble installing 17.5 Apprentice? Licensing problems...
Root » Houdini Lounge » Anyone else having trouble installing 17.5 Apprentice? Licensing problems...
LukeP
Is anyone else experiencing issues installing 17.5?

I have selected to uninstall previous version and to install Apprentice licensing.

During the install I get the following pop up (see attached). Nothing can be done on this screen. I have to close it… when I start 17.5 it says license is not installed.

Midphase
Apprentice licensing uses a local licensing. Did you check the Local Licensing box when you were installing?
Spikebaby
Run Houdini as admin the first time.
chrism
Hidey ho! Contact support@sidefx.com if you're having license or install issues and they can help you out.

Also, there's this FAQ for common licensing issues https://www.sidefx.com/faq/ [www.sidefx.com]

You don't need to use local licensing for Apprentice. Default installs are fine.
LukeP
Thanks everyone. Stopping the server and running Houdini first time as admin solved the problem!
Poulpito
Spikebaby
Run Houdini as admin the first time.

Thank you !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.