17.5 in the video at 1:27:00 whats the work flow get same out put of principled shadier

1891   4   1
91 posts
17.5 in the video at 1:27:00 whats the work flow get same out put of principled shadier match to Substance Painter
which baker is it ? what the settings please.
833 posts
Maybe I misinterpreted the video, but I'm under the impression that if you just bring your SP texture maps into the Principled shader and they will match (roughly) what you see in SP.

The idea is that the H17.5 viewport is giving you a more faithful representation of your SP materials using OpenGL than previous versions of Houdini. The hint is that by H18, this viewport performance will continue to get even better and yield the type of results that, more or less, people are experiencing with something like EEVEE in Blender (I am just speculating here, based on the hints at where project Solaris is going).
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
91 posts
I think its the other way round what you do Houdini materials with principled shadier

you send out (bake) to Substance Painter, unreal and Marmoset if you look the picture i done screen cap of

top right you see Base Colour ,roughness, and i think height so trying work out what work flow for that

Midphase i could be mistaken and I have got wrong end of the stick.

Attachments:
ok.jpg (677.2 KB)

Staff
5156 posts
The first thing you should do when importing Metallic or Roughness maps into the Principled shader is to set Metal and Roughness to 1.0. In both the viewport and mantra, the map is multiplied by this value, so their defaults of 0 and 0.3 will severely reduce the effect of the maps if not set to 1.

The Principled shader is missing is an Occlusion map, which the viewport can support if you add a File>Image parameter and tag it with the OGL tag “ogl_occlusionmap”. However, mantra will ignore that map.
91 posts
what he says in the video and i quote "Working in Houdini will match whatever my end Product is going to be whether it's unreal or substance and so on.“

he clears says ”end Product"

there is game dev for Marmoset,

But is the one coming for substance painter or whats the work follow to bake images from Houdini to substance

thx twod for tips for get substance to Houdini but that NOT what i am asking
  • Quick Links