rbd grains

564   1   0
5 posts
Hi,

i imported alembic file with animated geometry (simple deforming box) into Houdini, use rbd grains from shelf to populate my geometry and change it from static to “Create Animated Static Objects“, looks good, grains move with geometry, everything seems fine EXCEPT it appears as if grains change seed every frame which makes it flickering, jumpy, shuffling…seed is zero and its not animated, even if I use Houdini native deformed geometry it's same problem. what am I doing wrong, any suggestions? it doesn't have to be grains, I only need points but again I don't want them to ”change seed" every frame…if interested in file, I uploaded sample, link below..thanks

https://www.sendtransfer.com/download.php?id=11edd43453d1d719b79e2b95c183918e&email=3897833 [www.sendtransfer.com]
5 posts
in case somebody is wondering how, I achieved it by generating the points once (on the first frame, as enforced by the timeshift SOP), then move those points into the new position based off the animation with the Point Deform SOP. This ensures the point order and number doesn't change, as they are only being moved into place each frame. basically, need to generate your grains outside of your simulation on one frame, and then point deform (wrap) them into new positions based on the animation, then read it into your sim. nodes I used are timeshift and pointdeform
  • Quick Links