worldspace vs objectspace

1439   3   0
30 posts
Hi

can somebody explane this scene to me? - 2 points - both initialised on 0,0,0 -> one translated by sop , the other one by geo - worldspace - why does it behave so differently?

thank you for your help
Image Not Found

Attachments:
pointwtf.hiplc (86.7 KB)

Staff
5156 posts
The SOP changes the points actual value from (0,0,0) to something else. The object transform doesn't affect the values of the point, but transforms it after the fact. This makes a different if you're accessing the values of those points within the object, say with Point Wrangles. Another way to look at it is that a transform SOP edits the geometry itself, while the object transform merely transforms it.
7737 posts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scene_graph [en.wikipedia.org]
30 posts
twod
The SOP changes the points actual value from (0,0,0) to something else. The object transform doesn't affect the values of the point, but transforms it after the fact. This makes a different if you're accessing the values of those points within the object, say with Point Wrangles. Another way to look at it is that a transform SOP edits the geometry itself, while the object transform merely transforms it.

thanks for this explanation - another thing was is my example - got it now - that there was a pre transform on my geo node -> by extract tranform i got access to these values -> (recognised by middlemouse on my geosop)
  • Quick Links